The FARO® Laser Tracker is ideal for many tasks such as machine tool alignment, roller and press alignment, jig and fixture alignment or CMM alignment. Machines that are out of tolerance produce defective parts and are subject to failure. This accurate and fast method reduces downtime, improves quality and generates a proper trend analysis of distortion and other changes in a machine’s operation.
Faro Vantages Laser Trackers
How does it work?
- Measures two angles and a distance
- Sends a laser beam to the retro-reflective target held against the object to be measured
- Light is reflected off the target, retraces its path, and re-enters the Tracker at the same position it left
- Two angle encoders measure the elevation and rotational angles, while a highly accurate absolute distance meter determines the 3D position of the target
- Measurement software stores the values and allows for the comparison with CAD data